This Privacy Statement applies to Flanders Classics NV, hereinafter referred to as Flanders Classics, with registered offices at Harensesteenweg 228, 1800 Vilvoorde and registered with the KBO with company number 0818.388.802. This Privacy Statement is only applicable to the processing of personal data by Flanders Classics as the liable party, i.e. the only processing for which Flanders Classics determines the purpose and the means.
Flanders Classics attaches a lot of importance to the protection of your personal data and wants to inform you as elaborate as possible which data we collect, for which purpose and what your rights are within this framework. We process personal data of our customers for the events we organise (including professional races...). Furthermore, this Privacy Statement is also applicable when you make use of our websites, applications, participate in an event, in a competition or market research or when you otherwise make use of the products and services we offer.
Flanders Classics NV
What personal data do we process?
Personal data that you share with us
Within the framework of the products and services that we offer, we process the personal data that you communicate to us yourself. This communication can be done through several channels, such as by phone (e.g. when you have a question about our products and/or services, etc.) or in writing (e.g. when you download a Flanders Classics application, you participate in a competition or event, you fill out an (online) order form, you contact us via e-mail, etc.). For the use of certain of our products and services, it will be necessary to share personal data with us, for example to create an account when you want to use an application or when you purchase certain of our products or services, etc.
Personal data that we obtain from third parties
When you need to create an account for some of our products or services, you have the option to do that through your social media account. When you do so, we collect certain of your profile data such as your email address and your public data to create your account. These data can also be received from partners or affiliated companies (such as We Ride NV, Flanders Gravel, Proximus Cycling eSeries, WK Flanders 2021, MTB van Vlaanderen...) of Flanders Classics. This data can also be used for purposes in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
For what purposes are these personal details processed?
Because the processing of data is necessary to create an agreement
The following processing is necessary for the execution of an agreement. If you do not agree to these processing operations, we will unfortunately not be able to provide you with the requested products and/or services.
- The general management of your registrations and/or orders of our services and/or products, including the registration thereof, the processing of your payment, offering customer service in the context of these orders, etc.
- The general management of the event, including ensuring the safety of all involved, the logistical organisation, the compilation and publication of participant lists and final rankings, etc.
- The making of audiovisual material (pictures, videos, etc.) during an event organised by Flanders Classics and the publication of these on the Flanders Classics website and social media.
Because we have a legitimate interest in processing
Certain personal data are processed by us on the basis of a legitimate interest and in particular for the following purposes:
- To improve and optimise the services and products we offer,
- For market and other statistical research in order to better tailor our services and products to the target audience and to identify certain trends,
- To keep you as a customer or participant informed about similar services or products offered by Flanders Classics and its affiliated companies (customer management). If you no longer wish to receive such communication, you can unsubscribe at all times.
- The making of audiovisual material (pictures, videos, etc.) during an event organised by Flanders Classics,
- To use audiovisual material (pictures, video's, etc.) made during an event and on which you are depicted as an image for the promotion of the event, next editions of the event or similar events (on our website, through social media, etc.)
- To improve the security of our services and products, and to detect and (preventively) combat abuse and fraud.
Because we are legally obliged to process
We may process certain personal data in the context of a legal obligation incumbent upon us. For example, we may need certain personal data from you for aspects of our bookkeeping, such as the preparation and maintenance of invoices.
Only if we have obtained your consent
For the purposes listed below, we will only process your personal data if you have given us your consent:
- The transfer of your personal data to partners and sponsors, who may use it to inform you about their products and services,
- The transfer of your personal data to partners and sponsors, including audiovisual material, for further use by them (such as publications on websites, carrying out statistical analyses, etc.),
- To receive information, newsletters, advertisements or other communication regarding non similar products and services from Flanders Classics and her affiliated companies and events: BK Izegem 2023, EK Limburg 2024, UCI Cyclo-cross World Cup, Telenet Superprestige en De Gordel,
- To process your health data when these are relevant to the services and/or products we offer.
Recipients of the personal data
The personal data you provide can be shared by Flanders Classics with the aforementioned recipients:
- Managers, developers and other suppliers of IT-infrastructure and IT-applications, including our website(s), application(s), etc,
- Service providers that assist us in delivering, handling, improving and/or optimising our services and/or products,
- Suppliers who provide us with certain (supporting) services in the context of the proper organisation and smooth running of the event,
- Our sponsors & partners, including advertisers,
- Affiliated companies and events: BK Izegem 2023, EK Limburg 2024, UCI Cyclo-cross World Cup, Telenet Superprestige en De Gordel,
- Social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. when you register for our services and/or products via a social networking site.
If we wish to provide your personal data to third parties other than those listed here, we will only do so with your prior consent, except to the extent that we are required to pass it on in the context of a legal obligation or court order.
Your personal data that we process will not be processed by us any longer than necessary to provide you with the requested services and/or products, for the purposes described in this privacy statement and/or to comply with a statutory obligation.
Your rights as a data subject
When Flanders Classics processes personal data about you, you always have the following rights concerning these personal data:
Right of access: you have the right to know whether or not personal data are processed and if so, to have access to these data.
Right to correction: you always have the right to have incorrect personal details corrected. You will be able to adjust certain data directly yourself, for example via a profile page in an application. For the correction of other incorrect personal data, you can contact us via the contact information found at the top of this privacy statement. As soon as we receive your request, we will correct your personal data within the legal deadlines.
Right of erasure: in the cases mentioned below, you also have the right to obtain the erasure of your personal data:
- If the personal data is no longer needed for the above mentioned purposes,
- If the processing is based on consent and you withdraw your consent,
- If you object to the processing on the basis of a legitimate interest and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for this processing,
- If the processing of the personal data is unjustified,
- If the personal data must be deleted due to a legal obligation.
Right to restriction of processing: in the following cases you have the right to obtain the restriction of the processing of your personal data. This restriction means that from that moment on, with the exception of their storage, your personal data may only be processed with your consent or for a number of other purposes defined by law. Cases in which the processing of personal data can be restricted:
- If you dispute the accuracy of personal data concerning you,
- If the processing is unjustified, but you do not wish the data to be deleted,
- Pending the answer to the question whether our legitimate grounds outweigh those of you as a data subject, if you have objected to the processing on the basis of a legitimate interest.
Right of portability: if the processing is based on your consent or is necessary in the context of a contract or if the processing is carried out by automated means, you have the right to obtain the personal data concerning you that you have provided to us in a structured, accessible and machine-readable form, and to transfer it to another data controller.
Right to object: you have the right to object to the processing of personal data relating to you in the following cases:
- If the processing is based on a legitimate interest,
- If the processing is done for the purpose of direct marketing.
Right to withdraw consent: if the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. However, the withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing that took place before its withdrawal.
Right to lodge a complaint: finally, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority at any time.
This privacy declaration can be adapted from time to time to bring it in line with changes to the range of our services and/or products. It was last amended on 14-01-2018.